Osteopathy is a diagnostic and therapeutic approach that is used both for diagnosis and treatment. Bearing in mind that the hands are the basic working tool, the basic examination is clinical. Currently, there is a lot of interest in training in osteopathy in Poland, as it is a profession of the future.
The main goal of the osteopath is to improve the patient’s quality of life
It should be noted that only a few years ago there were only trainings in the field of osteopathy, while at present osteopathy has already become an academic direction. An osteopath looks at a person as a whole. It is also important that osteopathy does not become alternative medicine. An osteopath should act primarily on the basis of medical facts, and not only on the basis of his own experience, or on the basis of authorities . The first consultation of a human with an osteopath takes place right after the baby is born. This is because the baby is very powerful during the birth, so it is extremely important to examine it and improve its functioning. The osteopath also cannot afford to overlook a given patient, especially one who should be referred to a doctor immediately. Therefore, there is a need to perform appropriate and reliable tests and diagnostics.
What is osteopathy training?
Training in osteopathy mainly consists in acquiring the skills to diagnose and treat disorders of the musculoskeletal system. In addition, the ability of social competences to work with patients is acquired. Thanks to this, the training participant has the opportunity to adapt the procedure to the needs of a given patient, as well as to strengthen the orientation related to further professional development in this area.
What knowledge does the training participant acquire?
The training participant acquires knowledge primarily such as:
- theoretical, which includes material on the use of osteopathic and chiropractic techniques
- relating to contraindications from the use of osteopathic and chiropractic techniques
- theoretical and practical, which refers to the application and observance of safety procedures that are commonly used in osteopathy and chiropractic
- theoretical, which concerns the symptoms and possible reactions after the procedure
- techniques that relate to soft and hard tissues used in osteopathy and chiropractic
What skills does the trainee acquire?
As for the skills acquired by the training participant, they should include in particular:
- appropriate use of the acquired knowledge in disorders of the musculoskeletal system
- appropriate use of the acquired knowledge in general visceral disorders
- getting to know the correct analysis of the correct and pathological body posture
- appropriate approach to working with joint disorders
- the right approach to working with muscle disorders
- the right approach to work with disorders of the nervous system
- learning about the appropriate methodology that allows you to achieve quick therapeutic effects
What social competences does the training participant acquire?
The training participant acquires competences such as:
- he becomes an independent worker who can reliably plan and implement a treatment plan that will be fully adapted to the individual conditions of a given patient
- he becomes a highly qualified specialist
The educational program is based in particular on standards that are commonly used in the largest osteopathic schools in the world. Therefore, each training participant can be sure that after graduating from such school, he will have all the information that will allow him to reliably practice the profession of an osteopath. The strength of such schools is also the fact that apart from Polish lecturers, classes are also conducted by foreign specialists in this field. Thanks to this, the trainee will be able to get to know the specifics of this work, both from the Polish and foreign prism. Which will certainly make your work much easier in the future . The practical classes are an appropriate supplement to the theoretical knowledge. And a lot of emphasis is placed on them so that the trainee is fully prepared for various situations after graduation. Students have the opportunity to confront theoretical knowledge with workshop skills. Many schools also offer theoretical lessons online. Therefore, it is a great opportunity for learning by people who do not have a lot of free time, and their dream is to acquire appropriate qualifications in the field of this profession. If a person decides to study at a university, such studies last 4.5 years. This is the right time to learn about all methods of working with patients and feel confident in doing so. After this time, the participant can qualify as a master.Graduating from such a school gives you many professional opportunities.